Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow days...

As far as weight loss goes, snow days are the enemy! You're sitting in your house with nothing to do, so you want to eat. So far, I have done pretty well- trying to snack on my roasted almonds or fruit when I get the munchies. Workouts haven't happened because it's just too cold outside for me to even walk to the workout room. I've done a few cardio things in the apartment, but nothing really active enough to be considered a workout.

So I've promised some recipes...
1) Quick and easy crustless apple pie. My sweet friend Kaycee told me about this one. You cut up an apple and mix it with cinnamon and Splenda and microwave it for a little bit. Satisfies the sweet tooth without that guilty "I just ate dessert" feeling.
2) This is one of my new absolute favorites. Buy some chocolate cake mix (doesn't matter what kind, I like anything devil's food) and pour a 12 fl oz can of diet coke in with the cake mix. Bake at 350 and frost it with a container of fat free cool whip. Amy found this recipe and it will change your life. It's healthier because you aren't loading it up with vegetable oil and heavy frosting. Try it- it tastes NOTHING like a cake you would eat on a diet! You can also do it with white cake mix and diet sprite (we haven't tried that one yet)- and Amy wants to try lemon cake mix with diet mountain dew...Yum!

I'm learning that eating healthy does not mean you have to be deprived of good tasting food for the rest of your life. I am growing more obsessed with grilled or baked fish (salmon, tilapia, grouper). Add some lemon pepper seasoning to it and some steamed vegetables you have an amazing and nutritious meal!

Keep up the prayers! Next post for me will probably be weight day #2 on Sunday! :-)

For His glory,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment