Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm still here!

I know- I've been a very bad blogger lately!
I have a new enemy: Teacher Appreciation Week. Monday through Thursday last week these fantastic ladies brought all kinds of goodies to the teachers' lounge. One could not enter that room without taking a bit of the heavenly goodness! I worked very, very hard to "graze not gorge." I still should not have eaten half of what I did- not to mention, Grandma made me biscuits with chocolate gravy this morning (my weakness). So, as you can tell, food is the struggle. When I get out of my routine, I have to be extra careful with what kinds of foods I put in my body. Workouts, however, have been my strong point. I managed to wake up at 4:50 am every single day last week and do around thirty minutes of exercise. I walk 3/4 of a mile on an incline and jog 1/4 of a mile flat. I do ab workouts daily and then alternate legs and arms every other day. This week, I'm going to up the jogging: 1/2 mile walking on an incline and 1/2 mile jogging flat.

Sunday has come and gone, but I weighed this afternoon and was incredibly surprised to see that I had still lost 2 pounds in spite of my feelings of failure! For those of you keeping up:

Total weight loss goal: 62 pounds
Weight lost this week: 2 pounds
Weight loss total: 12 pounds
Weight loss to go: 50 pounds


Now that I know my weakness, I know that this is where my prayer needs to be focused: Self control. I would appreciate your prayers on this. Thank you so much for giving us such strong accountability by being involved in this with us. Just knowing that people are looking at this blog keeps us going!

For His glory,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment