Friday, February 25, 2011

It's a GREAT Friday!

Good news all around:

First and foremost - I'VE LOST 10 LBS TOTAL!!!! I am so freaking stoked. Secondly, I get to see some of my very best friends this weekend! Thirdly, Miss OBU is this weekend!

HOW AMAZING IS TODAY?!?!

So here is my update:
Weight loss goal: 50 lbs
Weight lost so far: 10 lbs
Weight left to lose: 40 lbs

10 lbs in one month is great progress, I think!! It averages about 2 5 lbs per week. I would say that's a pretty healthy weight.

Here's even MORE good news:
You don't have to kill yourself at the gym or starve yourself to lose weight. Kate and I have been spending 30 minutes a day, 5 days of the week working out. Honestly, I walk a mile and use some of the machines. My thinking is, I'm not in any rush to lose this weight. I don't have to lose 60 lbs in a summer. I'm not setting any time limits. And I think that might be the best way. Changing your diet is a complete life style change. If you can make yourself start healthier habits, you WILL lose weight. I promise!

Just remember to start small. Don't completely change your diet in one week. Don't go from eating cheeseburgers to dry lettuce. Your body will hate you. Just slowly start making healthier choices and sooner or later you will get into the habit of eating better. So next time at the drive thru, don't order the cheeseburger. Maybe order the grilled chicken sandwich w/o the mayo. Instead of getting french fries, get a side salad. It's the little things that make a big difference.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement!! This weight loss is going to motivate me, but it's really you guys that keep us going!!

Peace & love,
A

2 comments:

  1. rock.on.
    When you put all this awesomeness in a book can I get an autographed copy?

    ReplyDelete