Monday, February 28, 2011

Food, food, food, food...

Good grief. Have these past few weeks flown by for anyone else? I feel like we just started this whole thing, and we are really making some progress! So exciting! Good news: I've lost another 2 pounds! I have had people start making some comments about looking a little skinnier, which is such an encouragement. It's hard to notice myself because it's such a gradual change. Some pants are fitting a little looser though! Yay! Here's a stats update:

Total weight loss goal: 62 pounds
Weight loss this week: 2 pounds
Weight loss total: 14 pounds
Weight loss to go: 48 pounds


I watched a McDonald's commercial the other day and felt a small twinge of craving. Those quarter pounders with cheese and some salty fries are just fabulous. However, I'm finding out that there really are good tasting, healthy foods out there. I have found new loves in sushi, turkey or grilled chicken wraps, and grilled or steamed seafood (Red Lobster's steamed crab legs anyone?!?). I have also discovered healthy snacks that help my salty tooth and my sweet tooth. I am LOVING sea salted roasted almonds! Life changing... Pimento stuffed green olives are another favorite. As for my sweet tooth, Amy and I are discovering more and more weightwatchers cakes:
-Chocolate cake mix and a can of Diet Coke
-Lemon cake mix and a can of Diet Mountain Dew
-Red velvet cake mix with a can of Diet Dr. Pepper (my favorite!)
Just mix then together and bake! You can also frost them with a container of fat free whipped cream. We're loving exploring all of the options!

Praise the Lord for progress!
For His glory, Kate

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of both of you!!!! This makes me so happy! I miss you both too, and need to plan a time to come visit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great job, Kate. So proud of you ... inspiring me, and I need that!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete