Sunday, May 1, 2011

feelings & pick-chaasss

Well, I told you all I would post some pictures. So I finally got the courage to do it. Let me explain to you my feelings today...

Before this process, I was always self concious about how I looked all the time. I'm pretty sure this just comes with being a woman. I wouldn't beat myself up over how I looked. I was actually pretty healthy. Low cholestrol. Good blood pressure. But I just felt like I had to go the extra mile to feel good about how I looked that day. I know you shouldn't find your self-worth in the way you look or what other people think of you. I'm well aware of that. But as a woman, you are built with insecurity. It's what you do with that insecurity that matters. So sure, I put on a good front. You might have thought that I had no problem with the way I looked. But on the inside I was shouting out how awful I looked. Or at least how awful I felt.

Through this process, I feel better. I feel like going out for a walk. I actually feel like getting up to work out....some mornings. I feel lighter. I feel like I could do things I've never done before. It's also the little things that have really been pointed out to me. It's so much easier to bend over? It's so much easier to even get out of bed (even though that's still the hardest part of my day! lol)

What I really just wanted to say is that though there may not be that much of a physical difference, there is a total inward difference. I feel so much better. I am genuinely happy about doing this. Of course it gets really hard at times. But through those times, I have to tell myself. "This is all worth it in the long run. Do this while you are young. While you don't have kids. While you don't have a husband to care for. You have to care for yourself before you can be able to care for anyone else."

So....here are a few before pictures:



And here is a "during the process" picture:


The pics are slightly fuzzy....but it's the best I could do for now :)

I truly hope that through this process, Kate and I can inspire just one person to jump on the health train. If it's 100 people, that's awesome. But even if it's just that one person, I would be thrilled. And if not...well that's ok. Because I'm not really doing this for other people, I'm doing it for myself and for my family, current and future.

Peace & love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment